Outstanding College Essays are insightful. Admission personnel is looking into a student’s experiences, character, and point of view.
Essays that convey insight are not superficial. Your essay will go deeper into what makes you unique. The best way to write your story is to write a personal, thoughtful essay about something that has meaning for you. Be honest and genuine.
Colleges receive applications from many worthy students that have similar scores and grades. Too Many to admit, so they use your essay, letter of recommendation, and extracurricular activities.
Admissions Counselors have to read an unbelievable number of essays. Most are forgettable. Many students will try to sound smart to impress. Colleges are simply forgettable. Many students will add something to the class.
1. What is important to you?
3. Being funny is tough. Add humor if you can come across in writing “FUNNY.”
4. Start this week and write a few drafts.
5. Your essay should not contradict anything else you put in your application.
6. Be certain to answer the question being asked in your essay.
7. Have a few people edit your work. Your parent, Counselor, and English teacher to name a fe